Monday, February 9, 2009

Steady Improvement

As the weeks continue to roll by I am continuously amazed at how much consistent training keeps paying off, and given that I am still fairly new to this I am constantly seeing big improvements.  This last week was a solid week of mileage for me, but the big news is that I averaged 30-45 sec.s per mile faster than my weekly average has been yet.  It started off with a run on Monday that I was using to blowing off steam from a rough exam in the morning.  The pace was a little harder than what I normally push towards, it paid off.  The rest of the week my legs simply carried that pace throughout the rest of the runs, and it didn't feel any harder than normal.  It was a great breakthrough resulting from a bad day- funny how that goes.
This week La Sportiva got their website updated and my bio was posted on the mountain running team website.  Head over to www.sportiva.com and check it out.   Be sure to check out Brad Mitchell, Zahan Billimoria, and Tom Borschel since all of us are the Idaho boys on the team.   School is sort of mellow this week so I am going try to bump the mileage up a little and see if I can maintain this newly found pace.  Now get out and do something!

1 comment: