Sunday, February 13, 2011

Leaving For World Ski Mountaineering Championships



Well, the time has come. On Tuesday morning I will head to the airport to get on a flight that will take me halfway across the world to the Ski Mountaineering World Championships. I am already starting to get pre-race anxiety and I don't actually have my first race until Saturday 6 days from now. During my trip over there I will be trying to post daily on La Sportiva's new Ski Mountaineering Blog: The White Room. Head on over there if you want to get caught up, I also put a post up there today about preparation and packing. I may also be posting a bit here on some more personal feelings about the races and the event. Also another source for info is the World Champs Website.

I want to tell all of you who have helped me to get to this point whether financially or from your support alone, that I am deeply grateful for you!! I would never have been able to do this on my own, and most of all I need to thank my beautiful wife Tanae for her commitment and support through all of this, Tanae you are amazing, there isn't anyone I would rather share my life with than you!

So here we go!!!

Links:

World Championships Website: http://www.claut2011.org/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment