Friday, May 22, 2009

Pocatello 50 Tomorrow

Well the big race finally arrived. I am trying to get myself to wind down enough to sleep before the showdown in my backyard tomorrow. It is the first time this year that I have gotten really worked up about a race. This type of anxiety is not healthy, I am a wreck. On the other hand I am confident; I am confident in my training and my ability to gut it out. There are some pretty serious names in the ultrarunning community in Pocatello for the race, including Sean Messner, Krissy Moehl, and some mysterious guy from Connecticut. I am stoked to get out with some of these folks and see what I can do. I have thought and agonized over setting up splits for the race, and I have a general idea, but at this point all I am going to do is listen to my body, be patient (thanks Ty) and run MY race tomorrow. In the end it doesn't matter who wins really, what matters is I give it my best performance and hopefully with all the work that is enough to pull in a good fast finish time and who knows maybe end up on the podium. I am finally getting a little drowsy and this is probably just rambling so I am going to call it a night and try to rest for the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment