Monday, December 20, 2010

December Update

Reflecting on the end of another year as the sun sets in Idaho

For those of you who occasionally follow my blog I thought I would let you know that I am still here. Things have been busier than ever with the new job, training and family. I have been working really hard to get ready for Ski Mountaineering Racing this season. I figure it will be a great compliment to running. La Sportiva has really stepped up to help me out with this Skimo season as I will be racing in there incredibly amazing all carbon race boot the Stratos. I am working on putting together a post about the boot, it is so amazing it deserves a post all to itself.
Also you may have noticed I added another sponsor to the sidebar- Restwise. I was lucky enough to be able them to the mix and have been diligently using their program for a couple of months. It has helped me to see the importance of inculding recovery into my training and not stopping training to recover. More on Restwise in the near future as well.

Since it is Ultra lottery season I have been throwing my hat in the ring for a couple of big races including Wasatch 100, UTMB, and Hardrock. I am not sure which (if any) I am going to race, as I only plan on running 1 hundred mile race this year. Actually I am planning on stepping down my race distances a bit focusing on 50k and shorter mountain races for the most part. There will be a 50 mile or 2 in the mix, but I am waiting on finalizing some sponsorship plans before finalizing the entire race schedule.

Finally one more project that I have been working on is about to go public, I am particularly excited about it, but until it goes live I am not going to say exactly what it is. Regardless I am very amped about this upcoming season.

Hopefully with some time off from work during the Holidays I will be able to get a few more updates out in the next couple of weeks.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, too, Luke! Will look forward to how you fare with the Skimo season--i'm sure you will race strong. Hopefully that little race in Afton is on your radar again this year: i know it is on mine.

    I'll be in Pokey for the holidays at my brother's house. Might ski Pebble on Sunday, so let me know if you are around.

    ReplyDelete